Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the government has issued new healthcare
regulations. We may now offer TeleMedicine services to ALL of our patients regardless of what
type of insurance you have. These changes are currently in effect until June 14, 2020.
CPG utilizes Doxy.me for TeleMed appointments, but due to occasional connection issues we
may at times also implement FaceTime and Zoom as alternate TeleMed platforms.
Once your TeleMed appointment has been scheduled, an email with instructions and a meeting link will be sent to you.
Please be aware that TeleMedicine does have diagnostic limitations and we reserve the right
to request that you make an in-office appointment for further evaluation if it is medically
necessary. If this is the case, we will only bill you for your in-office visit.
Our providers will be taking appointments for services that may not need an in-person office
visit. Examples of these visits include the following:
- ADHD/Mental Health Routine Maintenance visits
- Pink eye for patient 2 years of age and older
- Rash without other symptoms
- Allergy symptoms without a fever
- Reflux or spit up
- Ingrown Toenails
- Thrush, Diaper rash
Well visits via TeleMed are an option for our patients that are 24 months old and up. The
reason for this age distinction is founded in statements released by both the American Academy
of Pediatrics (AAP) and the CDC stressing that “the delay or avoidance of vaccines will put our
community at risk for vaccine-preventable diseases.” The resurgence of pertussis (whooping
cough) and measles is already a reality in our society. Imagine adding to this polio and
diphtheria (which are gaining footholds overseas according to the World Health Organization) or
a slew of other diseases in our current pandemic state.
The TeleMed well visit occurs in 2 parts:
1. The Virtual Visit – Paperwork and discussions
- Forms that need to be completed by parents (AND if age-appropriate, the patient) will be emailed to you one week prior to your TeleMed well visit. These
need to be returned to us by email 72 hours prior to your visit.
- 24 hours prior to your visit, a nurse will call you to obtain weight and height
measurements as well as review any missing information.
- On your appointment day, your provider will discuss with you any questions or
concerns regarding your child including developmental concerns,
social/environmental concerns, dietary concerns, and/or behavioral concerns.
2. The In-Office Visit – Physical exam and “closing the gap”
- This is an in-person visit WHEN THE CURRENT PANDEMIC SITUATION HAS IMPROVED. We will call to schedule you when 2nd visit appointments become available on Saturday mornings (just like our flu clinics in the Fall).
- This visit is strictly reserved for:
- Physical exam
- Pre-K/Kindergarten and Adolescent vaccines
- Making sure that any referrals or advice given during the virtual visit are carried through to completion
- School and Camp physical forms
- Any developmental concerns, social/environmental concerns, dietary concerns,
and behavioral concerns SHOULD BE ADDRESSED DURING THE VIRTUAL VISIT.
- These 2nd visit appointments are NOT open to sick visits.
Please note that although the TeleMed well visit occurs in 2 parts, the wellness visit is billed as
ONE wellness/preventative care visit towards your insurance year (i.e., you are not being billed
for 2 well visits in one year).
This is a work in progress and a situation that is evolving daily. We look forward to serving our
patients and their families during these upcoming weeks and thank you for your patience.
Cumming Pediatric Group
1800 Northside Forsyth Drive
Cumming, GA 30041
(770) 888-8888 office
(770) 888-4502 fax
Office Manager Contact: